- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 diced tomatoes (I prefer fire roasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- fresh chopped basil, for garnish
- 1 sliced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and salt; saute for 2 minute. Add the diced orange pepper and carrots to the pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot. Next add the chickpeas, cumin, basil, red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer; reduce the heat to medium, add diced sweet potatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve, garnished with additional basil and/or avocado slices if desired. Serves 4.
Liked this recipe and would like to try more? Feel free to explore the other recipes here. Interested in reading about my random life? Go here.
Don’t forget to feed a poor blogger on the other side of the world by donating your pennies in the tip jar right here: