It’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe on here. Like many out there, I rarely know what to prepare for dinner. Especially now that I am more broke as frack than ever, I usually have to go by whatever it is that we have laying about in the kitchen. But just because your fridge is almost empty doesn’t mean you cannot prepare a decent meal.
Today I was struggling with the thought of preparing something with some minced meat and coconut milk. And that’s when I stumbled upon this lovely and easy-to-make Indonesian recipe from my mother’s cook book.
Enjoy and selamat makan! 😉
(Ground Beef with Coconut Milk)
INGREDIENTS (for 4 persons)
2 tp oil
1 Chili pepper
4 toes of garlic
500 gr Ground beef
2 tp red curry paste
2 dl coconut milk
some salt and white or black pepper
some sweet chili sauce
* Finely chop up the shallots and garlic. Cut the chili pepper into thin rings.
*Also chop up the half cabbage, the tomato and the onion.
* Place one wok with a bit of oil on the fire. Once the oil is hot enough add the shallots, the garlic and the chili pepper.
* Add the ground beef and the red curry paste. Stir fry the entire mixture for a few minutes.
* In the meantime, place second wok on fire with oil and add the onion, tomato and the cabbage.
* Once the ground beef has a nice brown color, add the coconut milk and allow to cook for another while.
*Add the sweet chilli sauce with some laos and a drop of ketjap asin to the cabbage mixture and allow to simmer on a medium for a while.
* After a few minutes you can add some salt, pepper and the coriander to taste to the ground beef.
Serve with white rice.