- mixing bowls
- loaf pan
INGREDIENTS for loaf
- 2-14 oz. cans or 3⅓ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 big sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Paprika, chopped [bell pepper]
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of whole wheat flower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
INGREDIENTS for glaze
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat oven. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Working in batches if needed, place all meatloaf ingredients into food processor bowl and pulse until chickpeas are broken up and ingredients are well mixed, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Do not overblend. If working in batches, transfer each batch to a large mixing bowl when complete and then mix by hand.
- Press mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake 30 minutes.
- While meatloaf bakes, stir glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove loaf from oven after 30 minutes and spoon glaze overtop of loaf. Bake another 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.