- 2 lbs. mushrooms (white button and baby bellas work well), cleaned, stems removed and halved or quartered if they are large.
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- an onion, chopped up
- 2 carrots, chopped
- cabbage leaf, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon or vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- tomato puree
Also needed: a bag of soft tortilla wraps and some lettuce.
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions to the pan and saute for about 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, season with pepper and spread into one even layer.
- Cook for the next 10 minutes but do not touch them.
- Once mushrooms have sweat off their water and become golden brown, toss them in the pan with the onions.
- Season with taste and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil & avocado in a food processor.
- Turn processor on and drizzle olive oil in while it’s running.
- Scrape down the sides if necessary and process until a pesto forms.
- Add avocado and process for another 10-15 seconds until combined but with a few chunks remaining.
- Heat the soft tortilla wraps in the microwave or in a frying pan.
- Put a bit of lettuce on a wrap.
- Add mushrooms and top with guacamole.
- Roll it up and serve.
- Instead of black peppers, add a Jalapeno pepper to the guacamole.
- Also nice with some baked potatoes instead of wraps.